AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MAKE-UP MASTER/BEARD ARCHITECT VE NEILL
Citizens, it’s become pretty clear that a new up-and-comer has stolen the show this Hunger Games season — and we’re not talking about any tribute. Head Gamemaker Seneca Crane’s beard has become the talk of the Capitol, inspiring copy-cat creations all over town. While any old district citizen can pick up a razor, Capitol Couture went straight to the source - masterly make-up artist Ve Neill — to get an exclusive interview on how she crafted Panem’s best-tressed secret.
How did Seneca’s beard become his defining feature?
When I was brought in as Seneca’s make-up artist, I kept staring at his face — and all I could think about was a beard, the most magnificent beard that the Capitol has ever seen. I thought that in his first year as Head Gamemaker, he should be gorgeous and striking in a very severe way, and I knew the beard would do it — it became the focal point of his persona.
What inspired the sublime contours of the beard?
Seneca has the most magnificent steel blue eyes — they are literally mesmerizing. The beard frames them so delicately — it is truly the icing on the cake.
How did you achieve the beard’s complex design?
I started by hand painting the design into his beard without even sketching it out beforehand; I knew the design would assert itself once I started the process. Both Seneca and I were very excited and blown away at even the initial result, which you can see above. That moment was the birth of Seneca Crane, Head Gamemaker for the 74th Hunger Games.
How long does it take to prep Seneca’s beard each day?
The first time it took several hours, but from then on it was much quicker because I had a line to follow. I also hand painted the entire edge of the beard hair by hair to accentuate the crispness of the beard line.
Any tips on how to DIY at home?
For the best results, get a colored pencil to draw in your lines. You will need a set of small clippers and small personal hand trimmer. It’s not the easiest thing to do — I suggest you get a friend to help.
How does this beard reflect Seneca’s personality?
Well, as you know, Seneca is the youngest Head Gamemaker the Capitol has ever had. He must stand out and be very intimidating. His appearance must speak volumes as to who he is — and now it does.
Did you know that the beard would have such an impact on fans of the Games?
I had no idea that ‘The Beard’ would take on a life of its own. I must tell you though, if it had been on any one but Seneca, I’m not sure it would’ve had the same effect. He has those beautiful piercing eyes and stunning pale complexion to complete the entire look.
Fanatical devotee of all things ‘The Beard’? Eager to see Ve’s work in action? Seneca’s exquisite facial hair now has its very own fan page here — and the Capitol has even included a special video featuring the Head Gamemaker himself. Finally, something every district can root for together! And keep your eyes glued to all things Capitol Couture — you never know when another exclusive will pop up!
- deliciatings likes this
- capnsyd reblogged this from throughthesmokeandfog
- throughthesmokeandfog reblogged this from capitolcouture
- throughthesmokeandfog likes this
- pumpkinmama2012 likes this
- theraggedypond reblogged this from capitolcouture
- theraggedypond likes this
- 89hours likes this
- ultradjgirl reblogged this from capitolcouture
- xcaribou likes this
- aubsticle likes this
- aubsticle reblogged this from capitolcouture
- lategoodbye likes this
- eccentricyats reblogged this from capitolcouture
- girlnumber11 likes this
- refutings reblogged this from capitolcouture
- sageyoureyes reblogged this from be-your-own-anchor-scott
- phenomenalfive4-5 reblogged this from thatshee-rio
- phenomenalfive4-5 likes this
- beatles-crazy reblogged this from capitolcouture
- gonnareachforthestars reblogged this from capitolcouture
- trappedinmyownwonderland likes this
- missfekalka reblogged this from sunnysmileliz
- sunnysmileliz reblogged this from capitolcouture
- indolentry reblogged this from capitolcouture
- thefuckinbirdistheword reblogged this from capitolcouture
- a-a-moni likes this
- wuanerection reblogged this from capitolcouture
- keepcalmandkreeon reblogged this from capitolcouture
- twoburgers reblogged this from jesuisfarouche
- racheezy likes this
- loveyourlife67 reblogged this from capitolcouture
- attentiondeficitdestroyer reblogged this from capitolcouture
- one-thousand-wordsworth likes this
- jsmnfaye likes this
- thehotelmoscow reblogged this from capitolcouture
- thehotelmoscow likes this
- distraite-vigil likes this
- disenchanted-hypernova likes this
- ferjasa reblogged this from capitolcouture
- fantasy-over-reality-anyday reblogged this from capitolcouture
- fcuk-the-capitol reblogged this from capitolcouture
- payslipgig likes this
- sidewalkrebel reblogged this from capitolcouture
- senecacranesface reblogged this from capitolcouture
- winchesterwendigo reblogged this from capitolcouture and added:
- an-utopian-world reblogged this from capitolcouture
- yougotmesoaddicted reblogged this from capitolcouture